Granola is remarkably easy to make, and by making your own you can avoid the preservatives and additives in the boxed brands. Only a few simple ingredients and naturally sweetened with all-natural honey. Add whichever dried fruits, nuts, or seeds that you like. Delicious with yogurt!
1/2 cup of pure Gees Bees Wildflower Honey
1/2 cup of organic coconut oil
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of nuts & seeds of choice (e.g. walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc)
1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 300F.
2. Mix the oats and nuts/seeds and spread evenly on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes, stirring once to lightly toast the oats and nuts
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and honey until liquid.
4. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and coconut oil/honey mixture. Stir until the oats are evenly coated.
5. Transfer the mixture to the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the granola is golden brown. It will still be wet when you take it out of the oven, but will harden as the honey and oil cools.
6. Add raisins/dried fruit. If you like clumps, press down the granola with a spatula so that it hardens together - you can crumble the pieces once its cool.
7. Let cool completely and store in an air-tight container for approximately a month.